Friday, April 9, 2010

Twittering With Mary Oliver

In a few days I will be traveling around Central America with marginal capacity to connect to the internet. My hope is to use a mobile phone to tweet into this blog to keep in touch as I continue to read daily one Mary Oliver poem and reflect upon it. I will only be taking one book with me as I dive into La Moskitia area in Honduras, and it will be Mary's poems. If the reception is there, check into this blog and look down to the right and below to see the text messages that come through from twitter. I tried to do this today as an example for the poem - Lilies. I don't actually leave the country until Monday, so let me know if you have any feedback on how this works for you on the comment section below.

Lily loving liberal bleeding heart and proud of it,

LoraKim

1 comment:

  1. I had trouble with tweeter. It kept telling me my user names and passwords were alread taken. I finally got creative, but then they told me my e-mail was already taken. Apparently I had already signed up for twitter. So I tried logging in. Of course I didn't remember my password. I went through the process of changing my password. The last message was Opps! something went wrong. Try refreshing the screen. That didn't do anything. I'm going to try Saturday's and see if I have better results.

    What do I do when I get lonely? Frankly I can't remember the last time I was loney. I guess my response to the feeling is so automatic that I don't feel lonely. I guess I usually initiate interaction with a person, an animal, a plant, or the stars in the sky.

    ReplyDelete